Join OC 4-H
Become a 4-H youth member!
1) Choose a 4-H Community Club. There are 12 active 4-H Clubs across Orange County, each with their own unique offerings. Contact the Community Club Leader to indicate your interest. 4-H Clubs have no affiliation with cities, school districts, nor with any religious or political organizations. The meeting place for each club is chosen based on convenience, and you are welcome to join any Club that appears to fit your family's needs.
2) Submit paperwork and pay fees. Once you have chosen a club and are in contact with your Community Club Leader, you will need to give him or her your enrollment paperwork and fees. Your enrollment paperwork includes two (2) important parts:
- Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk, and Indemnity Agreement
-This paperwork must be submitted to the County Office.
- Medical Release Form (Youth or Adult version) and Health History Information
-This paperwork must be kept by your 4-H Leaders.
Annual fees are $57. Clubs accept cash, checks, or cashiers checks.
3) Submit online enrollment using 4HOnline. Be sure to fill out all required forms to prevent delays in registration approval. Step-by-step guides can be found below for both new and returning youth.
Here are some tips to remember:
- Before you join a club, you need to make sure the club leader knows you and that you have submitted all your paperwork. The leader will need to confirm you online, and can't do that if he/she doesn't know who you are or does not have all your paperwork.
- Be sure you are enrolled in all the projects you plan to participate in. You can change this at any time during the year. Keeping your enrolled projects current makes it easier to contact you about projects you are participating in.
- Once you set up a family account, it is always there, even if you change clubs. If you can't remember the account information or password, please use the "Forgot your Password" link or contact the 4-H Office at 949-653-1803.
Become a 4-H adult volunteer!
1) Fill out the Volunteer Interest Survey
2) Register yourself in the CA 4-H Online Enrollment System and complete online training.
Once you have registered in Step 2, you'll be emailed instructions for creating a profile in eXtension, where you'll complete your online training. Be advised there are different instructions for new & returning volunteers.
3) After registering yourself online, please provide your community club leader your insurance fees ($16), and a printout of the health and medical form you've completed online. Acceptable payment methods include cash, check, or cashier's check made payable to your home club.
4) You will need to complete a Livescan fingerprint, even if you've already completed this for another job/volunteer position. By subscribing to our newsletter, you can stay up to date on when Livescan will be provided free of charge, otherwise you'll need to complete on your own. To complete your own Livescan, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for required paperwork.
Once we can verify registration, required trainings, and the clearance of the Livescan background check, you will be formally approved in the online system.
If you have any questions, please give us a call at (949) 653-1803. We will be happy to assist you!