Join OC 4-H
Become a 4-H youth member!
1) Search for a Community Club in your area. The projects offered by each club vary.
2) Register your child in 4HOnline. Be sure to fill out all required forms to prevent delays in registration approval.
3) Now that you've chosen and registered online with a club, fees will be due to and collected by your Community Club Leader, along with a copy of your child's health history form.
- Annual fees are $57. Clubs accept cash, checks, or cashiers checks.
Become a 4-H adult volunteer!
1) Fill out the Volunteer Interest Survey
2) Register yourself in the CA 4-H Online Enrollment System and complete online training.
Once you have registered in Step 2, you'll be emailed instructions for creating a profile in eXtension, where you'll complete your online training. Be advised there are different instructions for new & returning volunteers.
3) After registering yourself online, please provide your community club leader your insurance fees ($16), and a printout of the health and medical form you've completed online. Acceptable payment methods include cash, check, or cashier's check made payable to your home club.
4) You will need to complete a Livescan fingerprint, even if you've already completed this for another job/volunteer position. By subscribing to our newsletter, you can stay up to date on when Livescan will be provided free of charge, otherwise you'll need to complete on your own. To complete your own Livescan, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for required paperwork.
Once we can verify registration, required trainings, and the clearance of the Livescan background check, you will be formally approved in the online system.